As you have probably read in one of my previous posts, I was initially quite happy with the new mood board I made for this Adidas project. It represents the laid-back feeling of the collection, as well as the fluidity and color palette.
There was a time the whole world was falling apart. At least that was my initial thought when my project started failing. For a day or two there was no reply from anyone I tried contacting, my plan B for printing failed, so did plan C, as you can see from the photos.
Just a few hours ago my Adidas project seemed perfectly planned. At this current moment, however, I am left with no model attending either the photoshoot, the film shoot, or my presentation in May, and with no opportunity to do my laser cutting and printing at the university.
The whole idea behind my project is based on fluidity and movement, so I wanted to communicate this look through my illustrations for the collection. For this purpose, I decided to try and depict the garments with a minimal amount of fluid lines that would, however, speak of intensive and flexible movement, much like dancing.
In the course of the past week, I have been working on improving my range plans for the Adidas project on tennis wear. A particular challenge was the garment for Wimbledon, as I could not be as creative with colors as I wish to be. However, materials, textures, and proportions could vary indefinitely.
Based on Emma’s personal preferences and requirements I am in the process of designing the best possible fit for her. In order to look stunning on the court, she should first and most importantly be super confident and comfortable while playing. This is why with my second toile for the project I’m double checking if…